Your source for the latest in food + technology news:
- Gilt Groupe launches Gilt Taste, a culinary tasting extravaganza, buy artisan foods in several categories, Meat, Seafood, Cheese & Dairy, Pantry, Sweets, Produce and Equipment, check out the About Page.
- GrubHub sued over price differences in store and on their site, learn more from NBCChicago.
- Goodplates, a foodspotting type app/site with heavy emphasis on written reviews and social, gives its first public demo, learn more on Boston.com.
- A New York Times post by Julia Moskin today has a great write-up on comparing recipe search engines. Find links, reviews and a bit of “how they work.”
- There may be trouble ahead for reservations industry leader OpenTable, Google may provide competition, some current customers are frustrated with the business and the CEO, Jeff Jordan, has transitioned roles, read more on SFGate.
- Learn more about Square founder Jack Dorsey by reading his interview with Wired Magazine.
- McDonald’s to test consumer facing touchscreen kiosks in European stores, learn more from InvestorPlace.
- In the “somewhat related to Food + Technology” category – Business Insider has a slideshow of the 10 coolest start-up kitchens.
- Quiznos is working with Groupon to offer a 8 sub “punch-card” deal, buy 8 subs at Quiznos, all at half price. This is big because Groupon has yet to prove it can create repeat customers, read more at the Chicago Tribune.
- SFWeekly publishes its annual “Best of” list – always a great read.
Let us know what you think of any of these stories – and what we may have missed in Food + Technology news.